For First Baptist Church Keller, our “Jerusalem” is the great Keller area (generally about a 15-minute drive from our church). We have a Chinese and Korean congregation that meet on our campus each week, and we teach English through our International Friends ministry. We also have strategies to help FBC Keller members reach out and share Christ in their own neighborhoods. FBC Keller is also a financial sponsor of Creekstone Church in Keller, a mission church.
Our church’s “Judea” is the North Texas area within about an hour’s drive of our church. Since the DFW metroplex has about 6.5 million people living here, we have narrowed our focus to several church plants and partner ministries.
- Our church ministers to refugees from around the world who now live in our area. This has already led to the planting of several new churches, including Eternal Life Church, a Bhutanese congregation in Fort Worth.
- Foundation Baptist Church in Euless is a church revitalization through a new church plant sponsored by FBC Keller.
- We work with Beautiful Feet Ministries to bless and disciple the homeless in downtown Fort Worth.
- We financially support Pregnancy Help 4 U in Keller and the Women’s Clinic in Grapevine (operated by Human Coalition) as they seek to share the message of life and hope to women in crisis pregnancies.
Our church’s “Samaria” is the state of Texas beyond the DFW area, the area just across the Mexican border, and the rest of the U.S. and Canada.
- For many years we have partnered to support orphans in two orphanages in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- We also partner with Faith Missions Ministries to bless families there with the gospel and by building new houses for some families.
- Our church has also formed a Disaster Relief Team that focuses on clean-up and chainsaw work as needed.
- We have planted two churches in the western United States in recent years: the Blue Mountain Baptist Church in Baker City, Oregon (2007) and the Desert Ridge Baptist Church in St. George, Utah (2011). We are currently working to plant another new church in Portland, Oregon.
- We also have ongoing work among the Athabascan Indians of interior Alaska
- We have sent several teams to assist an inner-city church in the Denver, Colorado area.
- Our church is exploring ways to be more involved in reaching Montreal, Quebec in Canada.
Ends of the Earth Missions
The “Ends of the Earth” to our church is everywhere outside of North America. We send out numerous mission teams each year to areas where we have ongoing partnerships.
- In 2007, our church ”adopted” the unreached Yalunka people of Mali, West Africa. God has blessed that work over the years as our church has sent over 25 mission teams to Mali. We continue to minister there.
- We are exploring way to reach the people of southern Nepal through partnership with a network of Nepalese churches.
- We have long-term relationships with ministries in Guatemala, Kenya, Tanzania, India, Indonesia, Spain, Romania, Albania, and Macedonia.
- Several members of First Baptist Church Keller have gone out as full-time missionaries with the International Mission Board and various other organizations.
- Our church is annually among the Top 100 churches in the Southern Baptist Convention in giving to the IMB’s Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
If you are interested in serving on an international mission team, please contact Lawrence Duhon in the church office.