FBC Keller is blessed to have a Deacon Body that is committed to serving Christ and His Church with its talents, resources, time, and energy. The deacons of FBC Keller are elected by the church body and fulfill the following duties, similar to the first deacons, as outlined in Acts 6:1-7; 1 Timothy 3:8-13; and Matthew 23:10-12.
- Will be peacemakers in every respect and “authors of unity” throughout the church.
- Will be primarily responsible for serving the elderly, widows, shut-ins, and the poor and needy of this church and community.
- Will support our God-ordained leader, the “Pastor,” by assuming these servant roles to free him to give the major part of his time to prayer and the ministry of the Word.
- Will foster growth in the church by being active in visitation so that the number of disciples will increase rapidly and many will become obedient to the faith.
- Will be filled with the Holy Spirit and the wisdom of God by being faithful in daily prayer and Bible study.
- Will, as Paul counseled Timothy, “…keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience…” by being bold witnesses for Christ in this community and supporting evangelistic efforts by this church.
- Will be spiritual leaders by being Servant Leaders.