Week of Prayer & Fasting
Join us as we pray together during the week of November 8-13, 2021.
We invite you to grow closer to Christ as we pray and fast together this week. Daily video devotionals with guided prayer will be available each day to encourage and guide you. Please take time to intentionally block out distractions and commune through prayer with our Savior, Jesus Christ, and focus on our dependence on Him as we await His return.
If you feel led to come to the church, our Worship Center will be open, and our pastors will be available if you would like to pray with one of them. You can also call our church office at (817) 431-2545 to pray with a pastor or schedule an appointment.Download our Guide to Prayer and Fasting Watch Intro Video
Day 1 – Monday, November 8, 2021
Pastor Keith shares Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians as he talks about his thankfulness for this body of believers. Pastor Keith emphasizes three things from 1 Thessalonians; work of faith, labor of love, and perseverance.
Thank you for joining us as we embark on this week of prayer and fasting. As we pray, let us remember how the Apostle Paul gave thanks for the church of the Thessalonians and for three specific things that he recognized within that body of believers.
1. Their works of faith.
2. Their labor of love.
3. Their perseverance in hope.
- Thank the Lord for the faith of other believers that encourages us in our own personal walk.
- Thank the Lord for the labor of love at work within our church body, in the missionary work going on around the world, in our church planters, and in all of those who serve the Lord.
- Ask the Lord to give us the strength to persevere to the end, the steadfastness of assurance that Christ is indeed in us, and the knowledge that any suffering in this life is temporary.
Day 2 – Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Lawrence Duhon shares from 1 Thessalonians, Chapters 2 & 3. We see Paul’s love for the new believers in Thessalonica and learn how we can invest in others, even members of our own family, to encourage and strengthen their faith in God.Watch Day 2 Video
As we continue to pray and fast this week, Paul's letter to the Thessalonians provides clear guidance in showing love for new believers by living as positive role models and praying for their sustenance and strength in the face of persecution.
- Pray that you and your family will be able to stand firm in your Christian faith even when you face opposition or persecution from those around you.
- Pray that God will allow you to pour your life into a new believer (maybe even a child or another family member) to help him or her grow and mature in the faith.
- Personalize the prayer of Paul in 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13 to yourself, your family, and our church.
Day 3 – Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Tony Richmond brings today’s devotional from 1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5, and shares insight into how we are to encourage one another and build up each other in the faith, leaning on the great truths of God’s Word.
- Thank God for the gift of grace that He gives us through the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross.
- Ask God to encourage our hearts when we are tempted to be anxious because of our circumstances.
- Ask God to help us love one another in a way that would enable us to encourage each other and build each other up in the faith.
Day 4 – Thursday, November 11, 2021
Today’s devotional comes from 2 Thessalonians chapter 1. Scott Knox shares insight into Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians encouraging them to continue in the work of goodness and the work of faith in the midst of persecution and affliction in order to bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ask God to give us strength as a church in the midst of persecution and affliction and also pray for churches around the world that are suffering in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will count us worthy of our calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith, so that our Lord Jesus will be glorified.
Day 5 – Friday, November 12, 2021
Matt Perkinson shares from 2 Thessalonians, Chapter 2, where Paul explains to the church that the second coming of Jesus Christ had not yet happened as many false teachers were claiming. He encourages them to hold firm to the truths they had been taught. Matt reminds us in today’s devotional that we need to know the truth, recall the truth, and live the truth.
- Thank the Lord for who He is and give praise to His holy name.
- Thank God for the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and for making us more like Christ each day.
- Ask God to strengthen your understanding and wisdom to recognize and reject false teaching.
- If you are fearful of the second coming of Christ, search your heart and ask God to help you overcome your fear.
- Pray for the salvation of friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members, and pray God will give you boldness to share your faith with them.
Day 6 – Saturday, November 13, 2021
Ted Eaton wraps up our week of Prayer and Fasting by sharing the closing words of the apostle Paul to the church at Thessalonica. Ted summarizes Paul’s words into two main points; prayer and the Lord’s faithfulness.
- Pray that the Word of God would not be hindered but would spread rapidly to those who need to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Pray that God would protect and deliver believers from perverse and evil men.
- Pray for the lost that they would come to know Jesus Christ and declare Him as Lord and Savior.