Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry
Within their roles and unique gifting, all staff members are expected to typically serve on Sunday mornings and at major First Baptist Church Keller events unless prior arrangements have been discussed and approved.
Salary: Starts at $60,000 (Commensurate to candidate’s relevant experience)
Benefits: Health, Life, Disability, Dental, Vision Insurance; Retirement
Supervisor: Associate Pastor to Families
Function: The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing programming for preschoolers, children, parents, and their families, birth-4th grade.
- The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry shall have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a calling to ministry as evidenced by a daily walk with the Lord, and a passion for the advancement of the ministries of the church. Specifically, the heart and passion of this person should be to Exalt the Savior, Evangelize the Lost, Encourage the Believers, and Equip the Saints.
- The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry should have the administrative and organizational skills, abilities, aptitudes, and experience necessary for working with preschoolers, children, teachers, and parents.
- This person must have attained an understanding of Christian education fundamentals, through a combination of education and experience.
- This person will work with the Associate Pastor to Families to help develop a vision for the childhood ministry and how it fits in the purposes of the church and then implement that vision.
- Lead in the enlistment, training, scheduling, and retention of children’s leadership for programs within the childhood ministry
- Lead in the Christian education strategy for the children’s ministry that supports the overall church vision
- Lead in the planning and implementation of church activities involving preschoolers, children, and their families
- Oversee the Vacation Bible School program
- Responsible for providing a safe and clean environment conducive to learning for preschoolers and children
- Responsible for offering biblical training for parents of preschoolers and children
- Responsible for the purchasing of literature, supplies, and equipment for the children’s ministry
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor to Families and the family ministry team
- Maintain the relationship between the Weekday Ministry (K.I.D.S.) and preschool ministry – cooperating on rooms and furnishings, etc.
- Supervise the Child Care Ministry of the church
- Prefer a master’s degree in childhood ministry (preschool and/or children) from a seminary or Christian college
- Significant experience leading a childhood ministry (preschool and/or children) at a similar-sized church
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing, and implementing programming for preschoolers, children, and their families
- Demonstrated experience in developing and mentoring preschool/children’s teachers