Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry
Within their roles and unique gifting, all staff members are expected to typically serve on Sunday mornings and at major First Baptist Church Keller events unless prior arrangements have been discussed and approved.
Salary: Starts at $60,000 (Commensurate to candidate’s relevant experience)
Benefits: Health, Life, Disability, Dental, Vision Insurance; Retirement
Supervisor: Associate Pastor to Families
Function: The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing programming for preschoolers, children, parents, and their families, birth-4th grade.
- The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry shall have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a calling to ministry as evidenced by a daily walk with the Lord, and a passion for the advancement of the ministries of the church. Specifically, the heart and passion of this person should be to Exalt the Savior, Evangelize the Lost, Encourage the Believers, and Equip the Saints.
- The Director/Minister of Children’s Ministry should have the administrative and organizational skills, abilities, aptitudes, and experience necessary for working with preschoolers, children, teachers, and parents.
- This person must have attained an understanding of Christian education fundamentals, through a combination of education and experience.
- This person will work with the Associate Pastor to Families to help develop a vision for the childhood ministry and how it fits in the purposes of the church and then implement that vision.
- Lead in the enlistment, training, scheduling, and retention of children’s leadership for programs within the childhood ministry
- Lead in the Christian education strategy for the children’s ministry that supports the overall church vision
- Lead in the planning and implementation of church activities involving preschoolers, children, and their families
- Oversee the Vacation Bible School program
- Responsible for providing a safe and clean environment conducive to learning for preschoolers and children
- Responsible for offering biblical training for parents of preschoolers and children
- Responsible for the purchasing of literature, supplies, and equipment for the children’s ministry
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor to Families and the family ministry team
- Maintain the relationship between the Weekday Ministry (K.I.D.S.) and preschool ministry – cooperating on rooms and furnishings, etc.
- Supervise the Child Care Ministry of the church
- Prefer a master’s degree in childhood ministry (preschool and/or children) from a seminary or Christian college
- Significant experience leading a childhood ministry (preschool and/or children) at a similar-sized church
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing, and implementing programming for preschoolers, children, and their families
- Demonstrated experience in developing and mentoring preschool/children’s teachers
HR/Admin Ministry Administrative Assistant
Salary Range: $39,000-$42,000 (32-34 hours week) Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Associate Pastor of Administration
Function: The HR/Admin Ministry Administrative Assistant assists the Associate Pastor of Administrator with Human Resources and other ministry administrative duties as needed.
General Requirements: The HR/Admin Ministry Administrative Assistant shall have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by a daily walk with the Lord, and a heart for the advancement of the ministries of the church. Specifically, the heart & passion of this person should be to Exalt the Savior, Evangelize the Lost, Encourage the Believers, and Equip the Saints. The HR/Admin Ministry Administrative Assistant should have the skills, abilities, and experience to provide support services to the staff and act as a resource for the membership of the church.
Provide church staff with necessary human resources support including:
- Securing proper documentation for all applicants, proper job descriptions for all positions, appropriate legal documents, i.e. I-9, W-4, etc., maintain payroll records, as appropriate, maintain all personnel files for all FBC Keller employees, work with Finance Director in maintaining all “time-off” records for all employees, maintain Employee Handbook
- Complete and maintain all background checks, as required
- Maintain FBC Keller’s compensation plan and guidelines, including research into other church’s compensation
- Provide church staff with necessary business services as required and manage those services for accountability and stewardship: telephones and service, cell phone and service, purchasing
- Manage the full-time employees’ benefits package.
- Work within church budget to purchase/lease/maintain equipment; Provide staff with appropriate equipment support and service; Maintain maintenance program and repairs per requirements
- Support the Associate Pastor of Administration, Facilities Director, and Finance Director
- Work with other ministry administrative assistants as part of our ministry team that covers phones, picks up mail, and greets guests daily
- Work with the Event Coordinator in maintaining the church calendar
- Various other administrative jobs as needed for other ministries
Maintain all policies and procedures of the church.
Be a contributing member of the staff by fostering cooperation, teamwork, respect, trust, and dependability within the church staff.
Be a contributing member of the staff by faithfully radiating energy, friendliness, righteousness, fellowship, and stewardship in promoting the Lord’s work at First Baptist Church Keller.
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor of Administration and Senior Pastor.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s degree in HR or related field helpful
- Experience in HR is preferred but not necessary
- Ability to learn HR standards, procedures, and laws
- Very experienced with Microsoft Office including Excel skills; ability to work with a PC or a Mac computer
- High attention to detail, enjoys following processes and procedures
- Ability to ensure the security of confidential data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with all types of employees
- Enjoys learning new things and helping others