Great Commission Offering
How does our church give to missions? In addition to setting aside 10% of our church’s budget to missions causes (including 5% to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention), FBC Keller has a YEAR-ROUND missions offering that is called the “Great Commission Offering.” You are able to designate an amount for “Missions” (above and beyond your tithe to the church budget and your offering for our Vision Fund) on your church offering envelope. This “Great Commission Offering” is broken down by percentage for each of our denominational offerings, and it also provides needed funds for many of our direct outreach efforts.
Here is a breakdown of how each dollar that you give to this offering will be allocated:
- 50% Lottie Moon (International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention); helps send and support over 4,000 international missionaries reaching almost 1,200 people groups in nearly every country of the world.
- 10% North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention (traditionally known as the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering); helps support missionaries in North America and engage our continent with various evangelistic and church-planting strategies.
- 4% Texas State Missions through the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention (also known as the “Reach Texas” Offering); helps support church planting and evangelistic ministries throughout the state of Texas.
- 3% “Jerusalem” Special Projects; helps fund local ministry projects in the greater Keller community.
- 4% “Judea” Special Projects; helps fund ministry projects in the Fort Worth/Dallas metroplex area.
- 7% “Samaria” Special Projects; helps fund ministry projects in other parts of Texas and throughout North America.
- 10% “Ends of the Earth” Special Projects; helps fund ministry projects outside of North America, including our people group adoption.
- 8% Mission Trip Support; helps those willing to go on mission trips but need financial aid with a portion of the project cost; allocated according to guidelines set up by the Missions Committee.
- 2% Community Ministry Fund; helps meet needs of people in our community who come to our church for assistance in times of need.
- 2% World Hunger; helps provide emergency food for people in crisis situations or who face chronic hunger.